Diagnosis of Ewing sarcoma

Forums Orthopedics Diagnosis of Ewing sarcoma

  • Post
    Doctatoc Advisor
    When you visit your doctor because of bone pain, he will ask you about your symptoms and examine the affected area. Your GP may refer you for an X-ray to check for anything abnormal. If abnormalities are found, you will be referred to an orthopaedic surgeon (a bone specialist). They may recommend that you have a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan to examine the area in closer detail. A bone biopsy may be carried out to confirm whether cancer is present. A fine needle is used to remove a sample of bone marrow from the affected area so it can be examined under a microscope. It can either be carried out using a general anaesthetic or a local anaesthetic.
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.